There are signs in the horizons near us to show that the Nigerian Youth as a collective is in the throes of hydra- headed misfortunes. Take for example the case of the last five years since the dreaded armed Islamic terror group known as boko haram embarked on destructive campaign of terror in the Northern […]
A pro-transparency and Non-governmental body – HUMAN RIGHTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (HURIWA) has described as “fraudulent”; “criminal” and highly unsustainable, the huge budgetary components presented for 2019 polls by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to the National Assembly. Besides, HURIWA accused the hierarchy of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of being deliberately […]
A pro-transparency and Non-governmental organization – HUMAN RIGHTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (HURIWA) has dismissed as “empty ritual” and “political rhetorics”, President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2018 budget speech before the National Assembly in Abuja. In a media release in reaction to the 2018 budget speech rendered before the joint session of the National Assembly by president […]
A pro-transparency and non-governmental organization-HUMAN RIGHTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (HURIWA) has demanded the suspension from office and the immediate investigation of the Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Alhaji Maikaudi Baru. The Rights group hinged its call on the emerging monumental allegations of misapplication of humongous amount of $26 Billion as made […]
For many years since the coming of the current democratic epochs since 1999, successive governments have managed to wriggle their ways out of very complex and challenging situations through a combination of politically correct policy pronouncements and outright deception. Nigerians are rated to be some of the most gullible people all over the World. At […]
Professor Stephen William Hawking was born on 8th January 1942 (exactly 300 years after the death of Galileo) in Oxford, England. His parents’ house was in north London but during the second world war Oxford was considered a safer place to have babies. When he was eight his family moved to St. Albans, a town about 20 miles north […]
The film industry in the United States of America otherwise known as Hollywood is currently in an emotional turmoil following the outbreak of massive public disclosures of serial sexual harassment and cases of sexual abuses made against one of America’s top rated king makers in the industry known as Mr. Harvey Weinsteins. As I put […]
FOUNDER: HURIWA NIGERIA
Human Rights Writer’s Association of Nigeria, (HURIWA) is a registered Non-Governmental, Non-Religious and Non-Political Oriented Association of Nigerian Creative Writers, Philosophers, Journalists and Humane Thinkers dedicated to deploying their creative talents to promote and protect the Human Rights of Nigerians and good Governance through constructive dialogues and media of Mass Communication.
OUR OBJECTIVES ARE:
- To deploy the members’ creative talents as writers to promote, protect and project the human rights of all Nigerians and other law abiding citizens resident within Nigeria;
- To organize periodic seminars and training workshops locally for human capital development specifically on the tenets and ideals of Human Rights and the rule of Law;
- To attend International Workshops and Seminars targeted at the promotion and protection of human rights;
- To conduct periodic studies on ways, means and strategies for promoting and protecting human rights of law abiding citizens;
- To highlight human rights challenges confronting the persons in conflict with the law and seek for constructive modalities for redressing such violations; and
- To recognize excellence and good governance standards in the polity through yearly award ceremonies for exceptionally good, tested and trusted leaders in both the corporate and public sectors. The process of selection would be by transparent mass participation strategies.